Dear Friends and Family,
It's that time of year again and we are all busy shopping for Christmas gifts.
Ho! Ho! Ho! and all that jazz. Or not.
Josh and I usually get asked about what gifts our children might enjoy for Christmas, so this year we thought we would just send a note out to help with some ideas if you were planning to send something. If not...great! Plan a visit instead!
Please. No. Toys.
We will be moving soon and our children are up to their necks in toys already.
But...anything that we can do together as a family is a great idea!
Things like: (Click on any of the blue links below to see what we 're talking about!)
I. Gift Certificates or Tickets to do activities
- Train Ride at The Tennessee Central Railway Museum
- Music, Voice, Dance, Horseback Riding or Karate Lessons
- Schermerhorn Symphony (Yes! They actually LOVE the Symphony!)
- Cheekwood Botanical Gardens (a membership here is a great group gift idea)
- Adventure Science Museum (a membership here is a great group gift idea)
- Frist Museum of Visual Arts
- Ice Skating Lessons
2. Restaurant Gift Cards/Groupons (We love eating out as a family!)
- The Garcia's Mexican Restaurant
- Bria Bistro Italiano
- The Aquarium
- The Rainforest Café
- Chuck E. Cheese
3. For those who just prefer to give a gift that can be unwrapped, here are some ideas:
- Torchlighters DVD Collection (DVD's are a real treat...we don't watch much TV)
- Christian Biographies for Young Readers by Simonetta Carr (We all love a good biography!)
- Here is our Amazon Wishlist for things like CD's,DVDS, Board Games and a Trampoline (Hey, Winter is almost upon us and our hiking trips will be few and far between...this keeps them from jumping on my couch!!)
4. Or don't send anything and just come visit us in 2015!!! (THIS IS THE BEST GIFT YOU COULD GIVE US!)
We love you and hope to see all of you sometime in the next year!!
Joshua, Heather, James, JoyAnna, Lydia and Gideon