Friday, February 15, 2013

How He Loves!


I know I'm a day late with this, but in honor of Valentine's Day, I would like to share a video that Josh made a few years ago.

"How He Loves" was originally written by John Mark McMillan and then remade by The David Crowder Band.

In an interview, David Crowder explains the reason the band chose to re-record the song. "For those not yet touched or affected by this song yet, we wanted to put our breath behind the song because we think it is one of those unique songs for the church at large to sing." 

It's one of those songs that I have trouble singing all the way through without crying. Like "In Christ Alone". I can never make it past the 5th or 6th verses:

 "There in the ground, His body lay. 
Light of the world by darkness slain. 
Then bursting forth in glorious Day. 
Up from the grave He rose again! 

And as He stands in victory, 
Sin's curse has lost it's grip on me! 
For I am His and He is mine! 
Bought with the precious blood of Christ!"

And "There Is a Fountain Filled with Blood". I am usually moved to tears by only the second verse: 

"The dying thief rejoiced to see 
That fountain in his day; 
And there have I, though vile as he, washed all my sins away..." 

By the 5th verse, I am barely squeaking out the lines: 

"Then in a nobler, sweeter song, 
I'll sing Thy power to save, 
When this poor lisping, stammering tongue lies silent in the grave..."

Oh! I can hardly wait for the day when I will see my sweet, dear Jesus! When I can look on Him as I sing these praises! The thought of that day is all it takes to melt my heart and take my breath away. What a wonderful Savior God has provided!

My hope is that you will come to love and desire Jesus more after watching this video.

No comments:

Post a Comment